I've spent more than 25 years working as CFO for environmental organizations such as World Wildlife Fund and African Wildlife Foundation. I am excited to continue this work, using music to raise awareness of worthy charities to help create a positive change in the world, and protect this wonderful world we have.
THE PETER FOX PROJECT and SITAR ARTS CENTER
In January 2012, the world lost Peter Fox, a wonderful singer with a heart as big as his voice. Since then, his friends have banded together to create "The Peter Fox Project" (PFP)which provides funding to the Sitar Arts Center. In May 2013, we awarded the first "Peter Fox Award" to a promising young artist from the Sitar Center. Since then, the PFP Award has included two other promising young musicians and made it possible for them to attend the summer program at Berklee School of Music, in Boston, MA.
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON, DC
Tom Nichols and Dan Chadburn have supported the Team Arts Program (TAP) of Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington by donating keyboards and recording equipment to allow them to establish a music training and recording lab.
CHOICE HOTELS MUSIC
Since May 2010, I have been working with Choice Hotels Music as a Producer of projects to highlight emerging Artist's to raise awareness and funds for charities. Since the first launch in August 2010, Choice Hotels has launched 8 new songs for Artist's by funding recording projects. Choice has supported the featured charities by donating $1 (up to $10,000) for every free download of each song.
The Choice Projects include:
- Holly Montgomery's "My Brother's Keeper" to benefit Rebuilding Together
- Dan Chadburn's "Promise of Hope" to benefit Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington and Baltimore
- Holly Montgomery's "Looking for the Road" to benefit S.O.M.E (So Others Might Eat)
- Kai Croft, Holly Montgomery, and Tom Nichols' "Sweetest Dreams" to benefit Service Source Foundation
- Shane A's "My Angel" to benefit The Steve Harvey Foundation
- Billy White Acre's "Turn on A Smile" to benefit Operation Smile
- Asia Whiteacre's "California" to benefit Children of the Night Foundation
- Billy White Acre's "Perfect Day" to benefit T.A.P.S
- Tom Nichols "TRUST" to benefit the "It Gets Better Project"
I also had the pleasure of composing and recording with Holly Montgomery and Peter Fox on "Change The World", which was released in October 2010 to benefit the DC AIDS walk.
MANY VOICES www.manyvoices.org
My partner Dan Chadburn and I have been working to support a wonderful new organization MANY VOICES, which provides resources to church communities who would like to become more welcoming to the LGBT community, but don't know where to begin. Our song "Light My Step" is featured as one of the musical resources on the site.
HUNGRY FOR MUSIC www.hungryformusic.org
Hungry for Music is an organization that believes in the power of music to bring healing to the world. Their main mission is to provide musical instruments to at risk children who have an opportunity to learn music, but no resources to rent or buy musical instruments.